Saturday, April 4, 2009

Finally Finished Father's Day Card




Good morning! It is a gorgeous Saturday and we're going to our granddaughter's birthday party later this afternoon. Thought I'd take a minute to post the Father's Day card I've been working on. I wanted it to have lots of texture and I think I've finally gotten it the way I want it. We'll be making this one at the workshop in May. I used my Cricut Birthdays and Beyond cartridge for the "Dad". The Cricut Wildcard cartridge was used for the celery green argyle background overlay, and I used the George cartridge for the rust colored diamond shapes. I ran the diamond shapes, as well as the cream colored background, through my crimper. That gave the card the texture I was hoping for. The gold mini brads gave the card a little "manly" bling as well as more texture. Masculine cards take a little more time and thought. You don't want them to be too cutesey or look feminine in any way. Got to run and fix DH some lunch. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings, ~M~

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home