Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Senior Moment Bread

Good morning and happy St. Patrick's Day! This morning I needed to make bread, and got everything ready to make my favorite, honey whole wheat. I make other kinds too, but I always go back to this recipe. It makes a nice big, soft loaf, and I think whole wheat is better for you than white bread. Anyway, I measured all my ingredients, put them in the bread pan in the correct order, punched in 1.5 pound loaf, loaf color, and hit start. Started cleaning up and thinking, in about 3 hours we'll have some delicious bread. I noticed the bread machine sounded different, kinda quiet. My first thought was, something must be wrong with my bread machine! Oh, no! I looked inside, and nothing was happening. It wasn't mixing. I turned to get the machine manual to see if I could figure out what was wrong, and there was the paddle, lying on the counter! DUH! Can't mix bread dough without the paddle, Mary! I hit stop, dumped everything into a bowl, put in the paddle, and then put all the ingredients back in. Don't know if it will turn out or not, but if it does, my favorite honey whole wheat, from this day forward, will be called Senior Moment bread! Happy baking, everyone! ~M~

Honey Whole Wheat Bread (aka Senior Moment Bread)

2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
4 tsps vital wheat gluten
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/4 cups warm water

Add all ingredients in order suggested by your bread machine manual and process on the basic bread cycle.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did that once. Why didn't you do what I did? I just stuck my hand in the dough. It was yucky but I did it! lol!

Hugs!

March 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger sophiesmama said...

You're a brave soul. I never would have found the post to put the paddle on in all that dough! Glad to know I'm not the only one to have done it. The bread actually turned out just as good as ever. I was shocked.
Ttyl,~M~

March 17, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home