Friday, September 4, 2009

Paper Cutz Challenge # 7 & Fab's Big Christmas Card Challenge

Good morning!

It's week # 7 at Paper Cutz Challenge and this week the challenge is to make a card or LO using this sketch! You can use any colors or theme you'd like or flip the sketch sideways. The flowers represent embellies but you don't have to use flowers. Use any embellishment you'd like. The DT has some great inspiration for you, so go check it out HERE and leave your name and a link to your entry in Mr Linky by midnight, Thursday, September 10th.



Here's my take on this week's sketch. I used my new Hero Arts owl stamp and colored him using my colored pencils and OMS. The cs and pp are from my stash, as well as the red gingham ribbon. I cut the snowflakes with the Cricut Winter Woodland cart and used a Bic marker to color the clear rhinestone centers red. I used brown ink to distress around the card, owl and sentiment. I love owls and this set of stamps is just the cutest!



Head on over to Paper Cutz Challenge and check out all the awesome DT examples and be sure to enter your card or layout by midnight next Thursday! There's another great prize for the winner!

I'm also entering this card in Fab's Big Christmas Card Challenge. The challenge is to make a Christmas card with an owl or a present. Head on over to Fab's challenge blog HERE and check it out. Fab has made the cutest owl card! You've got to see it and then make your own and enter the challenge!

Here's a video on my Christmas owl card. Thanks for watching!



Thanks for stopping by and for all your wonderful comments! Ya'll are the best!

Hugs,
Mary

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Hi Mary! This is such a cute holiday card..love your little owl!! TFS

~Terry

September 4, 2009 at 1:30 AM  
Blogger sophiesmama said...

Thanks so much Terry! I love that little owl too!

September 4, 2009 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Helen Dooley said...

I love this card. How cute of a little guy he is.

September 4, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger sophiesmama said...

Thank you Helen! Don't 'ya just love little owls?!

September 4, 2009 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger kim.mom said...

This is adorable!

September 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger sophiesmama said...

Thank you so much Kim!

September 4, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great Card Mary! I love everything about it.

September 6, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Precious Thoughts said...

I love it!

September 7, 2009 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Fab said...

oh I love your card with the lovely owl ! YAY X Fab

September 7, 2009 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger sophiesmama said...

Thanks so much, Anj, Michelle & Fab!

September 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Great card, Mary. That little owl is too cute! Love the bling too!

September 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home